Sunday, October 10, 2010

Though rather offensive to some, sometimes things happen that leads me to think that 'whoever who controls,guards our lives' (up for your own intepretation) us is truly a merciful saviour or an .......

Ever since my grandma fell ill, on and off during the morning prayer sessions i would pray for her to be in good health or at least to be able to attend my cousin's wedding, which is today 10/10/10. Being a free thinker, of course i didn't pray to any particular god, i prayed to whoever was up there, and hoped that that person would have enough kindess to grant me my little wish. Of course, my cries werent heard and unfortunately, my grandma had to move on on the 9th, early in the morning.

My relatives were there in the morning when the doctors called them up to say that my grandma was in critical condition. The doctors said she was doing fine the day before, and even at the very moment before she went away, she even bid my relatives goodbye.

They say she left peacefully.

It was slow,

seemingly painless,

as if it was just another scenario where any other old woman was falling asleep.

My dad told me her clothes for the wedding were already all neatly ironed , hanging in that closet all ready to be worn.He told me how insistent she was on attending my cousin's wedding.Childish as it may seem, it just wasnt fair to her. She didnt exactly had a 'decent' childhood to start off with, and the way she left was as if she was 'kena jacked'.

It just wasnt fair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home