Saturday, August 07, 2010

20mins more and my 18th would be over, just like that. No outings, no meetups, no birthday spirit around me, not that it matters, but perhaps i'll remember this feeling so that 7 years down the road when my birthday occurs on a weekend again i'll know what to expect.

But im accustomed to all these you see, maybe because personally my birthday isnt much of a special day to me as compared to how others feel about their own. I think my parents brought me up in a way that somehow made me like this unknowingly, but hey that saves them a lot of money on the spending of birthday celebrations eh? But of course i dont share my 'sorrow' which others perceive with my friends around me. I celebrate their birthdays with them with as much joy as they are feeling and i cheap in occasionally( small pocket yo) on presents for them.

Whats a birthday for? Googled it a bit and realised most( those who actually sit down and think about it) is for a person to reflect on what he has done within the 1 year he has aged, and to lay out a blueprint for what you wanna do for a year later. And i dont have to plan much, i think 6-7 months of that time will be planned for me by the Singapore Government next year :D Maybe i wanna gain a few kgs, you know, grow a bit fatter, put on some weight, oh wait they're the same thing. Meh who needs to plan when you're ever ready for what the future brings <: Anyway basically a birthday serves the same purpose as any other 1st January XXXX. Just that my birthday lacks those awesome fireworks.

Day was spent doing thermal physics and oscillations and then basketball. I think its probably one of the most wasteful 18th birthdays in Singapore, if not the world lol. Oh check it out its 12mn exactly. Im one day closer to my next birthday yo (Y)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home